Pages

Labels

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, September 30, 2011

RTC Board Meeting Sept 30, 2011

I went to the RTC board meeting today and Renoglock22 was also there, we where both open carrying.

When the time came I went up the the front and spoke to the council and I was nervous about it due to the fact I hate public speaking and here is what I said:

Good morning to the Regional transportation commissioners
My name is John Blair, I have been for the past year writing letters to the Reno and Sparks city councils and also to the Washoe county commissioners having to do with gun laws.
I am here in front of the Region Transportation commission, to let you know that in 1989 the legislators in the state of Nevada repealed all the gun laws and amended it in 2007 to make it clear as to the meaning.

NRS244.364 subsection 1 states
Except as otherwise provided by specific statute, (which there are none in NRS277A which is what  you operate under) the Legislature reserves for itself such rights and powers as are necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transportation, registration and licensing of firearms and ammunition in Nevada, and no county may infringe upon those rights and powers

Now in saying that you have a rule stating that “Guns are strictly forbidden unless carried by        on-duty law enforcement, (the) 4TH STREET STATION and (the) CENTENNIAL PLAZA security officers, or an individual with a valid concealed weapons permit”, and it is not in compliance with State law and needs to be deleted from the rules and inform both your drivers and security as to the rule change.

I was talking to one of the RTC commissioners on Monday of this week, and he informed me that NRS 244.364 is for counties 400,000 people and over and does not apply to Washoe county because we do not have that many people living here.

I checked the census and found that Washoe County has 421,000, then he informed me there was a bill that modified that to 700,000 which I did find.

The thing that this commissioner did not understand and neither did I, until I researched further is that the population only applies to subsection 3 in NRS244.364 which has to do with Registration of a firearm and DOES NOT apply to subsection #1 which I read to you earlier.

I am asking the commission to delete the rule I mentioned earlier about the gun/firearm, as to avoid any kind of problems for the RTC or the county in the future by not being compliant with the law.

Thank you for your time and thank you for listening, if you have any questions please ask
As I was reading this I did notice one of the commissioners writing something down and was also giving me looks like how dare you bring this up!

Dave Aiazzi was not in attendance so I sent him an email with the above mentioned comments.

So lets see what happens now

0 comments:

About Me